A good friend, Stephanie, recommended a
‘can’t put it down, have to read it all tonight’
Heaven is for Real
Click here , see what it’s all about…and then go buy the book!
The book is what started my latest obsession.
My fixation on the ultimate destination.
Fuel for the fixation: I became enchanted with a song on the radio:
“If Heaven Wasn’t so Far Away”
Again, more mindfulness of the afterlife.
What has emerged from my recent preoccupation with the forever destination?
I’ve created a list.
The top 10 things I’d do if I could make that road trip for just one day.
10. Make certain I had a round trip ticket. Pinch myself.
9. Take pictures, update my FB status too much. And tweet. A lot.
8. Stop and smell the flowers. All the flowers. All the time.
7. Ignore the clock. Avoid time constraints. Ignore deadlines.
6. Thank God for answered prayers.
5. Thank God for unanswered prayers.
4. Get to know the family that I was born to late to meet.
3. Eat. Get over it. Eat some more.
2. Tell my grandma that I wear her wedding band on my ring finger and think of her every time the light of day shines on it.
1. Make reservations for a room with a view.
I have no reservations about reaching that destination. Remembering to enjoy the journey along the way is the key to those Pearly Gates.
Because, Heaven really isn’t so far away.
- Little Boys Trip To Heaven And Back! (wycd.radio.com)