Believe in love at first sight?
See, I met this girl. Exactly 31 years ago tomorrow.
The first time I held her in my arms, I was nearly speechless.
All I could manage… was to ask, “How are you?”
If she could’ve answered me, instead of screaming her brand new lungs out, she would’ve said,
“Mom. Stop. I am fine.”
She was fine, she was just fine.
She is still fine.
She is 31 years old.
To me, she is still brand new.
To me, Allie is still
- A toddler who always got her way (my new-mom mistake)!
- The 6 yr old who stole a Hershey bar from Rite Aid (where her dad worked).
- A vain 8yr old who decided to change her eye color with a Crayola crayon -Ouch!
- The mouthy pre-teen who spent more time grounded than she did free.
- A high school senior who continually threatened to quit the family…
- An independent college graduate (always) planning the future.
- An educated and successful career woman.
Fast forward to the now:
She’s building a life in Jersey City with her newlywed husband, raising their two cat sons, Leo and Lenny, eating chocolate bars she can now afford to pay for, and sharing it all with her husband… who will tell you, those lungs still get a workout.
She tells me life is just fine.