On my way through town today, I saw something on the side of the road that made me think of my husband.
I kept driving, but I didn’t stop thinking about what I saw.
I started reminiscing.
Remember being a kid in the summer time?
There wasn’t any school work to do so you spent your time brainstorming about real work, the kind of work that pays money; striving to become a young entrepreneur. (Or at least earn enough quarters for the ice cream truck.)
My husband is still a kid at heart; he also happens to be a
So what happens when that grown up kid drives through town?
<Quick like a band-aid> He stops at that lemonade stand on the side of the road.
The one I drove past.
He hasn’t forgotten what it’s like to be a kid.
Reason # 84930724 that I love him.
- Printable Lemonade Stand Signs (todaysmama.com)
- Kids’ Lemonade Stand and Good People (justanothermanicmommy.com)
- Summer Fun with Lemonade Stands :: Inspiration Wednesday (jroxdesigns.wordpress.com)
- Lemonade Friends (shoesonthewrongfeet.com)
- What a Lemonade Stand Taught Me About Storytelling (postadvertising.com)
- Teach them young (early learnings in basic capitalism) (tryphoon.com)
- Children raise money to help give toys to kids in need (vcstar.com)
- “…If Obama Ran a Lemonade Stand” (youviewedblog.wordpress.com)