Tangerine is a member of the citrus family; it closely resembles a mandarin orange.
Tangerine essential oil ((Citrus reticulata)) is cold pressed from the rind of the fruit. The oil is orange-yellow in color and has a sweet orange fragrance. Its aroma is very citrus-y (duh) and sweet. ~via Sustainable Baby Steps blog
Tangerine supports the immune system, the integumentary System, the digestive system, and it supports our emotional well-being; I call it my ‘Happy Oil’.
How can I use Tangerine Essential Oil aromatically?
- Simply open the bottle and sniff! #ThatSimple
- Put 3-5 drops on a cotton ball and tuck it in your car vent
- Put a few drops in a spray bottle with distilled water (and a pinch of Epsom salt) to freshen the air
- Welcome Spring: 4 drops each of Spearmint, Lemongrass, Tangerine,
- Summer: 2 drops Lavender, 1 drop Spearmint, 1 drop Lime, 4 drops Tangerine
- Just Beachy: 2 drops each of Bergamot, Spearmint, Tangerine
- Happy Place: 2 drops each of Orange, Lime, Tangerine
How can I use Tangerine Essential Oil topically?
- Refreshing Sugar Scrub: Mix 2 cups brown sugar, 1/4 Cup coconut oil, and 10 drops each Tangerine and Spearmint essential oils. Store in an air tight glass container.
- Mood Lifting (non-toxic) Perfume: In a 10 ml roller bottle, combine 3 drops Ylang Ylang, 3 drops Bergamot, 9 drops Clary Sage, 9 drops Lavender, and 12 drops Tangerine essential oils. Top with fractionated coconut or other carrier oils. Apply to pulse points throughout the day.*
How can I use Tangerine Vitality Essential Oil internally?
- Tangerine fruit dip: 2 8oz packages of cream cheese, 1 cup vanilla yogurt, 1/2 cup honey, 2 drops Tangerine Vitality oil. Just mix, chill, and dip in!
- Drop it in your daily shot of NingXia!
- Drop it on your toothbrush. #WhiteTeeth
How can I get Tangerine Essential oil for FREE?
*As with all citrus oil, avoid direct sunlight for a minimum of 12 hours after topical application.